We love Lambertville and people who live here. So we decided to help.
We're setting this program up to do our best to assist on a neighbor to neighbor basis, those most affected in Lambertville by Hurricane Irene. Neighbor to Neighbor will do its best to connect those people in need to someone who can help out. We will not be able to satisfy every request but will advise the person asking whether their request can be fulfilled or not and hopefully in what time frame.
Requests for information should be submitted either on line or in person in writing at City Hall.
People Requesting Assistance should limit their requests to non-monetary items including but not limited to:
- Assistance locating professional services
- Asking for services to be provided by a neighbor
- Household goods and supplies
- Help filling out insurance or FEMA forms
Volunteers willing to fulfill the requests should advise what they are willing to contribute:
- Time to actually help out with work that needs to be done
- Deliver things that are donated
- Contribute household goods and supplies
- Provide professional services
- Prepare meals
- Provide transportation
- Assist in filling out the necessary insurance or FEMA forms for relief